TINTON FALLS SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCY
The Tinton Falls Board of Education is seeking interested Shrewsbury Township citizens who meet the following legal requirements to serve an unexpired term on the Board of Education.
Legal Requirements for becoming a member of a local board of education are:
- The ability to read and write and must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Hold US Citizenship and one year’s residence in Shrewsbury Township.
- No interest in any contract with, or claim against the board.
- Not hold office as mayor or member of the governing body of the same district.
- Be registered to vote in the district and not disqualified as a voter under N.J.S.A. 19:4-1.
- Not disqualified from membership for the conviction of crimes pursuant to N.J.A.S 18a:12-1 (Within 30 days of appointment to the Board, a member must undergo a criminal history background investigation.)
- Cannot hold two elective offices simultaneously.
Interested citizens are required to submit a resume and/or a letter of interest to Mrs. Tamar Sydney-Gens, Secretary to the Board of Education, 658 Tinton Avenue, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 stating their desire to serve on the board and their ability to handle the position. Submissions must be received by 1:00pm on December 14, 2015. Candidate interviews will take place on the evening of Monday, January 4, 2016.
This Board of Education appointment term will be effective through December 2016. A candidate will be elected to begin in January 2017 through December 2017 based on the results of the November 2016 Annual School Election.